Thursday 18 May 2017






name : xiomara  (but pls call me xo!)
birthday : feb 28
twitter : @jintrified 
tumblr : N/A
ao3 : nonheather 

fic that you want to recommend : jetsam by rinsed! it's really really really great and it flows like smoke. it wanders and weaves with the stream of consciousness reflection our generation struggles with every day.
fave fic written : neon fruit market
fave genre (of fic) : science fiction
fave writers : {fic writers} goldenhearts, rinsed, sesquipedalia / {novelists} kurt vonnegurt, haruki murakami, han kang & ta-nehesi coates
how long have you been writing : professionally for less than a year. fic writing for about 8 years. all together 12 years.
advice for writers : it is so easy to get discouraged and so hard to stay positive. there will be days when you feel like you want to quit writing altogether, days when you can't help comparing yourself to someone else. it's okay to feel that disappointment but don't ever succumb to it and don't ever take it as the truth. you must persevere. think of van gogh. no one appreciated anything he made when he was alive but he still made them because being an artist was in his bones. so write! and don't compare the bottom of your ladder to the top of someone else's.

what motivates you : movies! and my life but MOVIES!
if you could have 1 superpower : teleportation not only so i could sneak into movie theatres but also i can help anyone who need me without distance getting in the way.
what can someone do to make you feel supported and loved : i'm very needy when it comes to my writing so if you read it please tell me one thing you liked about it. you could legit say " i liked that song you referenced " and i'll feel loved for a decade.

hardest thing about writing : transferring the scenes you see in your head to words that will create the same image. my problem is that i write prose like i'm writing a movie and sometimes forget to describe the look of things. but then you don't want to overdo it and describe too much. uphill battle.
easiest thing about writing : choosing what you want to write and picking nice titles!

fave book : anna karenina by leo tolstoy
fave movie : right now it's y tu mama tambien
fave quote : " those who have suffered understand suffering and thereby extend their hand. " - patti smith
fave food : baked ziti





7 comments

i think i'm in love with xo

REPLY

nonheather is a blessing

REPLY

I'm into vmin so much after i read fingercuff

REPLY

I love how real your writing it. It always feels so raw and I fins myself relating to things that have never even happened to me before!!!

And you're so nice, you always reply to comments​ and even dms ily �� I'd read your book when you publish!!

REPLY

Goddamned​ typos

REPLY

You have no idea how much "to the night will you follow me " helped me coping with all the stuff that happened to me and changed the way I felt about myself (for the better)
I related to yoongi sooo much in that story and now I'm happy with my kid(s) and grateful for my life ��
Keep up doing what you love sweetheart and may you always be happy and healthy
(Sorry if i double posted this comment,for some reason I can't send my comment )

REPLY

ive been searching for your frantically since reading fingercuffs and taifette moths and mudlands yellow acacia and OF COURSE, cherub vice. your writing makes me want to sink into it and never, ever resurface. im into screenwriting myself majoring in film so your writing makes me sob and throw hands because how does someone ever EVER EVER WRITE like THAT hope you're ok and thriving thank you for everything you write, you're my favorite writer in this fandom <3

REPLY

appreciate . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates